Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Mushroom lovers rejoice

Tonight I made a recipe that I made a long time ago and it was fabulous again. This was a "what do I have in the fridge?" night and what I came up with was the sauteed mushrooms over croutons with an egg recipe that can be found here. This time I followed the instructions and left the egg to cook in the 400ยบ oven for exactly 15 minutes. It was perfect. I served it with brussels sprouts and pistachios cooked in garlic butter. (I have George addicted to these now!)

I also tried making it in 2 oven-proof bowls this time, which cut down on dishes and the recipe was perfect for 2 people.

The combination of mushrooms, rosemary, red wine, croutons, and eggs is simply inspired. This dish is fast and easy and super tasty. A must try. I need to memorize this one so I can pull it together quickly any old time.

1 comment:

  1. This comment came via email from my friend John:
    Lois! Shaun is with George--absolutely loved it....he even waited until the second helping to use his ubiquitous hot sauce....he reports that it is very hotsauce friendly. I didn't read closely up front and bought croutons...they were the least enjoyable part of a really good meal..kind of layered on the bottom....next time I follow the recipe and make it fresh.....also threw in an extra teaspoon of the rosemary...blended in perfectly no idea how much it might have contributed to the delightful flavor...other variations, we slivered the mushrooms, used a white onion because we had one around, and beat the eggs up scrambled egg style...none of this seemed to harm the outcome and we look forward to making it again soon. Thanks!"

    ReplyDelete