Search This Blog

Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Coming up this week

My plan for the coming week is to make "Black Beans with Yellow Rice" and "Eggs Over Smoky Potatoes". I'm really looking forward to the yellow rice because it uses saffron, which I've never worked with before. The smoky potatoes uses pimenton, a smoked paprika that I love.

I'm also planning to make homemade worcestershire sauce so that I can leave out the anchovies and make a vegetarian version. I am continuing to enjoy homemade butter and homemade mustard. I'm on the hunt for quart size organic whipping cream to make butter with. I'm paying about $3.29 for a pint of organic whipping cream, which makes 1 cup of butter. That makes it about $6.60 a pound (but still worth it).

Are any of you cooking anything fabulous?

No comments:

Post a Comment