Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Email from Deborah Madison!

Oh my god! Deborah Madison wrote back to me. I'm sure that in her home in New Mexico, she doesn't think of herself as a rock star, but she is most definitely a rock star in my world. She asked about my blog and how things were going. I let her know that I am loving cooking her food and encouraging all of you to buy her cookbooks, too.

By the way, she has a new book coming out called "Seasonal Fruit Desserts - From Orchard, Farm and Garden." I do have a birthday coming up.... Hmmm...

Since we have an apple orchard on our property, maybe I will try some apple desserts. We also subscribe to a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) farm and I get fruit from there as well. I'll recommend some of her recipes to other farm supporters. If you don't yet belong to a CSA, you should get hooked up. For only about $20 per week you get a whole bunch of fresh veggies (and sometimes fruit, eggs, and flowers, depending on your farm). Everything is organic and very fresh and extremely good for you. I highly recommend it.

Here is a link to Deborah's website (http://www.deborahmadison.com/). She is a much more experienced food writer and blogger than I am, so enjoy her expertise. And be sure to check back in here, too, and leave comments. I love knowing someone is reading this.

1 comment: