Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Strawberry and Rosemary Scones

I got this recipe from Giada de Laurentiis of the Food Network. These scones are tender and flaky and so yummy. The rosemary in the scone itself is flavorful and fragrant without being overpowering. They are topped with a dollop of strawberry jam, and then topped with a lemon glaze which gives it a sweet-tart tang. I even made a few of them with Chipotle Jam instead of the Strawberry Jam. They were terrific, too. The glaze recipe makes way too much glaze for the number of scones, but since it is just lemon juice and powdered sugar, I used the leftover glaze on breakfast crepes.

I can't wait to make these again. They are fast and easy. I used a heart shaped cookie cutter and served them to my sweetheart with champagne.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/strawberry-and-rosemary-scones-recipe/index.html


No comments:

Post a Comment