Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Curried Couscous Salad (Giada deLaurentis)

This salad sounded delicious, so I decided to give it a try. Turns out, it IS really delicious! I thought it needed more dressing. After we ate dinner, I made another batch of the dressing and added it to the salad and I like it much better. The only cashews I had in my freezer were the chili lime kind from Trader Joe's and they provided a nice kick. That's a great substitution! Also, I forgot to add the cucumber (drat, since I have about 6 cucumbers in my fridge right now). It didn't have enough time to get really cold, so we'll have some tomorrow and see how we like it after the flavors have blended more.

Warning: This recipe makes enough for about 10 people. This would be perfect to take to a potluck. Very colorful, tasty, and interesting. This would also make a great Thanksgiving dish.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/curried-couscous-salad-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment