Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

A new cocktail - It needs a name

I've recently been making a new cocktail that my husband and I love. I need your help coming up with a name for it.

1 part creme de cassis (black current liqueur)
1 part St. Germain liqueur (elderflower liqueur)
2 parts gin
3-4 parts sparkling water

Serve over ice.

The sparkling water makes it light and refreshing, but the liqueurs make it sweet and floral. The juniper berry in the gin adds to the floral character.

I await your contributions to naming this concoction. If I choose your name for it, I'll make you one.

2 comments:

  1. 1. Whittard (As in Whittard of Chelsea - they make a Blackcurrant Elderflower tea)
    2. Agua de Flor (Flower water)
    3. Fleur Chic (Elegant Flower)
    4. Georgia O'Keeffe
    5. Secret Garden
    6. Geneva Blossom

    Can you tell I want you to make me one? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a winner. The Georgia O'Keeffe cocktail. I like to think this cocktail has the artistry and elegance befitting the name of Georgia O'Keeffe. Plus, it has this lovely color that reminds me of a desert sunset. Brittany, I owe you a cocktail. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete